Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Box Turtle Painting

I started my turtle etching but found time running short so decided to create a painting for the show instead. Etchings require a lot of going back and forth with possible corrections and with going out of town several times, I wasn't sure I could finish in time for the "Earthscapes" show at my art center. So I turned to gouache painting to create this turtle scene. I wanted to make a scene which included some of the native plants in my lawn like wild strawberry and violets. 


2 comments:

  1. Very colorful, Anne! Makes you want to just reach out and hug one! I think your wildlife paintings have a quality that reveals your inner passion and pure enjoyment with the natural world. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see that!
    You're welcome, I do enjoy painting wildlife. There are so many enticing subjects!

    ReplyDelete