Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"Ex Libris d'ART "Exhibition at the d'Art Center, Norfolk, VA

The art center where I have my studio is having an exhibit "Ex Libris d'ART" to coincide with the opening of the new library next door. The purpose is to "bring stories to life through visual art" with "visual artists providing commentary, tales and visual poetry".  I thought my etching "Le Renard" could fit that theme very well so here it is ready for display in the gallery. The writing is by my French friend Jean-Luc whose words are screen printed on chine colle paper. Then the etching of the fox is printed on top. I've been watching the construction of this building for several years so I'm looking forward to the opening!
Ex Libris -" from books!"





New Slover Library
the old building and the new one
the art center is  next door, not shown



2 comments:

  1. the art neighbourhood, what a fine timeliness !

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)
    I think it is a fine idea for an art show with the library just next door.
    I think books will make a decent neighbor!

    Bonne journee!

    ReplyDelete