Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Pretty Day on the Outer Banks of North Carolina

Last week I picked up my artwork from an exhibit at the Coastal Wildlife Refuge Center in  Manteo, North Carolina. It's about a 2 hour drive south of my home in Virginia. Here are a few photos from my visit there, one that had to be postponed from the previous week due to 8 inches of snow. So much snow on our coasts recently! But this day was perfect for a visit.

Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse

A funny idea!

Nearby Duck, North Carolina

The only butterfly I saw :-/

Duck, North Carolina 

There's a good restaurant here.

Another possibility to show art!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hmm...that must be why it's a very popular summer destination!

      Delete
  2. from hère, it is looking very exotic, that kind of touristic world ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coastal syle! The areas in my photos are part of a barrier island (200 miles long) with lots of outdoor activities for tourists. There is the highest sand dune on the East Coast. You would like to fly your kite there! There is the site of the first English settlement. And nice parks.
      :-)

      Delete