Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Solarplate Etching of Epworth United Methodist Church, Norfolk, Va

I see this steeple every time I drive to my art studio. I really like the architecture of the church and especially the steeple. I was inspired to do my next solarplate etching of a local steeple! My building series is coming along with No. 9. The church has been at this site since 1896 and is located in the historic Freemason district in the heart of downtown Norfolk. In 1896, the Norfolk press declared that it was "the handsomest ecclesiastical structure south of New York." I would say that's quite a compliment!



2 comments:

  1. J'entends les oiseaux noirs d'ici !
    Très bonne scène urbaine !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what good ears you have!😀
      Actually, I'm glad you are sensing that from my drawing.
      Merci, mon ami!

      Delete