Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Farewell


This is a poster I did for a portfolio with other artists concerning global warming. I picked the butterfly because I am fond of them but also because they seem particularly susceptible to environmental conditions because of their delicate nature. It is a poster which advertises the last theatre showing of the last butterfly, all of the others having succumbed to the affects of global warming. :-(

It is a linocut with screen printed writing in the circle. Both linocuts and screen prints work especially well for posters!

2 comments:

  1. I hope, it is not the last poster !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know what the artist will do next!
    Actually, I have the beginning of an idea for a series of posters but the idea is still incubating!

    ReplyDelete