Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Northern Cardinal Etching

The Northern Cardinal is a North American bird found in Southern Canada and throughout the US from Maine to Texas and into Mexico. I have enjoyed seeing them all of my life. I watched one in my birdbath the other day which was special to me because this is the first time I've had a birdbath! I really hope there aren't any new cats in the neighborhood. I thought it would be a good time to make an etching of a cardinal since we associate them so much with Christmas. The male is very distinctive with its black mask and vibrant red color. I know, my etching is black and white but I know you'll recognize it anyway! The paper is whiter in real life. Photographing etchings is a challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Its colored song, there :
    http://macaulaylibrary.org/audio/57959

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet tweets from years ago!
    Merci, Jean-Luc.

    Je te souhaite un Joyeux Noël.
    Et, bien sûr, une bonne année 2014!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noyeux Joël and Happy New Year !

      amicales pensées

      Delete